I am an author, publisher, and computer scientist. In 2005, I was named a California Arts Scholar for excellence in Creative Writing, and I possess a Bachelor of Science Computer Science degree (with distinction) from Harvey Mudd College. I have been writing books since I was five years old, and I especially enjoy making my readers reimagine classic tales.
I love to dance (but only with a partner—I’m terribly self-conscious about dancing by myself!) My near-impossible-but-I-can’t-help-hoping-for-it-anyway Dream is to one day to be on Dancing with the Stars.
Speaking of stars, I live in the beautiful Sierra Nevada mountains of California. Before that I lived in the Bay Area, and I can still remember how amazed I was to see the blueness of the Sierra Nevada sky for the first time. It is a wondrous feeling to wake up surrounded by pine trees and cedars, and to hear only the chirping of birds and the footsteps of deer without the ceaseless roar of traffic drowning it all out. At night, I can look into the sky and see a star-spangled void, and the Milky Way ribbon sweeping across the heavens.
My family has a dog named Shasta, two pygmy goats, and a bunny rabbit.
- Color: Blue
- Food: Chicken Fajitas
- Soda: Coca-Cola
- Dessert: Chocolate Cake with Vanilla Frosting
- Books: Beekeeper’s Apprentice, Lirael, Dragonsdawn, Alanna: The First Adventure, Assassins of Tamarin, Vulcan’s Heart, Strangers from the Sky
- TV Series: Smallville, Merlin, Star Trek TOS
- Movies: Anne of Green Gables, Anne of Avonlea, Beauty and the Beast, The Scarlet Pimpernel (1982), Equilibrium
- Songs: Christian Music, When You See Forever, So She Dances, When You Say You Love Me
Other places you can find me:
|My Website: http://rmarcejaeger.com|
|Amazon||Barnes and Noble|
|Facebook (Profile)||Facebook (Fan Page)|