There are no contests at the present time.
Deleted scenes will be uploaded the 2nd Sunday of every month. There will be a total of nineteen. Please do not read the scenes unless you have read the book, as even early pieces may contain later spoilers!
Writing Robin: Lady of Legend was a wonderful journey, but like any journey, it sometimes strayed in directions I did not wish it to go. Sometimes a scene I thought was wonderful ended up contradicting an important element of the story. Sometimes it simply didn’t fit right, or wasn’t quite believable. Other times, it distracted from a more important scene around it. Whenever that happened, I would cut it.
The scenes I included in this mini-book fall into three categories:
- Scenes that were permanently deleted
- Scenes that later found their way back into my story as an extended/modified version of themselves
- Scenes that were written merely for background, and never found their way into the book at all
Before each piece, I explain briefly what the scene was intended to do, and why it was cut.
I hope you enjoy this special glimpse into the writing of Robin: Lady of Legend!
- Deleted Scene #1 — Prologue: The Pit
- Deleted Scene #2 — Chapter 1: Archery Opening
- Deleted Scene #3 — Chapter 1: Will Scarlet
- Deleted Scene #4 — Chapter 1: Meeting Robin
- Deleted Scene #5 — Chapter 1: Original
- Deleted Scene #6 — Chapter 3: Will Despairs
- Deleted Scene #7 — Chapter 3: The Stable Boy
Games in development. Check back soon!
|Date Held||Hosted By||Interviewed By||Synopsis||Link to Interview|
|May 26, 2011||Manzanita Voices||Linda Field||An interview about author R.M. ArceJaeger’s upcoming book Robin: Lady of Legend (since released). ArceJaeger also discusses what it’s like to be a young author.
* This interview was recorded prior to the release of ArceJaeger’s book, and the wording of some of the excerpts she reads is different than in the published version.
Chat with Robin, Little John, and all the rest on Facebook!